How to fit Hornby X9233 into class 50

Hey guys so as per my previous forum post the coupling socket on this class 50 has been super glued I tried super glue remover but it didn’t work so now I think I’ll just cut it off and insert a new one (Hornby X9233) would anyone know how to insert this part into the class 50 ?

E5AC3B58-A058-47D5-B1FA-8646E8DB0CF1.png

@Bee - now that I have had the time to confirm from earlier posts on this topic, yes, that pack should be ok as the loco was stated to be R2350 which was one of the early releases before they were modified.

As to replacing the coupling mechanism, I do not have the loco concerned but I would examine the components that come in the replacement pack and then understand how those components are fitted to the chassis of your loco. This may require removing the bogie which in turn means separating the body from the chassis.  The locations of the body-securing bolts are shown on the model's Maintenance Sheet but if you do not have that, it is available within the Product Support section of the Support drop-down menu at the top of the page.  The bogie hangs from the main chassis block by the 'hooks' on the gearbox top cover and removing that to release the drive shaft may be necessary.  Reference to Service Sheet 270 may be of assistance; this is also available within Product Support. 

Although no-one with a class 50 loco has yet come forward, others may be able to confirm my thoughts or offer more accurate advice.