Essential tools for every Pocher build

Some of us take to it naturally, some of us learn the hard way. What tools would you never attempt a build without?

To build a Pocher model, you'll need some essential tools. Here's a list to get you started:

• Precision Screwdrivers
  • Tweezers
  • Hobby Knife
  • Sanding Sticks
  • High-Quality Glue
  • Cutting Mat

For a detailed list and where to buy them, check out our Tool Guide.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2024 at 15:28, Ljevans said:

Some of us take to it naturally, some of us learn the hard way. What tools would you never attempt a build without?

To build a Pocher model, you'll need some essential tools. Here's a list to get you started:

• Precision Screwdrivers
  • Tweezers
  • Hobby Knife
  • Sanding Sticks
  • High-Quality Glue
  • Paints and Brushes
  • Cutting Mat

For a detailed list and where to buy them, check out our Tool Guide.

Cross head screwdrivers, specifically sizes 0 and 00 are most commonly used.

• Like 1

A well lighted work area that is uncluttered is as much an essential tool as any of the conventional hand tools.

A bench magnifier or head mounted optics.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, new to the forum. This is my first post so thought I'd introduce myself.

Nigels Modelling Bench is a growing channel on You Tube. I have built the Pocher Aventador in a multi part series with many tips on tools, techniques and ideas for simplifying the build process. The kit has not been modified but everything has been painted to improve the appearance of the moulded plastic parts. I have been building scale models for 55 years now, and I am time served engineer from Rolls Royce Aerospace, so have picked up a lot of techniques over the years.

I now have the Porsche 917K and cant wait to get started on that. I will soon make a video on getting started, tools and stuff and all about thread cutting to make life easier getting those screws into the metal parts. 

Here's a link to the playlist, which includes the kit review, intro, full build and Pocher You Tube videos for metal transfers and engine cover installation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.. I made a video all about getting yourself prepared for the build of the Porsche 917K. It is aimed at the newer modellers out there. The two things I did forget were an A2 cutting mat and a soft cloth or cushion to support the model inverted.

The video is here..  

Hope it is helpful to all the newbies out there.

Edited by Nigels Modelling Bench