Vought Kingfisher

Valhalla

So the next seaplane is the Vought Kingfisher. This is the 2010 boxing of the 1967 tool.

Problem straight out of the box as you can see in the image. When life deals you short shots, its time for the plasticard!

Should be an easy fix

Ian

IMG_5111.thumb.jpeg.cb147d863eafa567177c7bb9e097c568.jpeg.4eb0c146c268fe1235a9c6733c9c257d.jpeg

IMG_5126.thumb.jpeg.ec63ada21e5eb112f256798efae1de71.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SD45elect2000 said:

Ratchs water diorama photograph much better than my catapult. I need to make some soon.

Randall

I don't know - I do like that catapult. 

Was that a kit, or did you scratch-build it? 

3 hours ago, Dominic Thomas said:

I like them both. 
Never tried a seascape. Perhaps one day ….
I have thought for a long time about why someone would think that yellow would be a good camouflage colour. Great finish though, well done. 

Yellow isn’t a camouflage, it’s a peacetime paint meant to make the aircraft visible from the air if it goes down. The yellow wings went away as soon as war looked inevitable.

Randall

• Like 1

Yellow, that's my entry.

In late 1947 a Kingfisher was allocated to the RAAF Antarctic Flight for embarkation in the expedition vessel HMAS Wyatt Earp that was to conduct an expedition to the Antarctic in 1948. The aircraft was flown from Lake Boga to Point Cook, Victoria where a pre-heater for the engine was fitted and it was painted yellow overall. During 17-18 December 1947 the Kingfisher was embarked in Wyatt Earp then alongside at Nelson Pier in Williamstown, Victoria.

Matthias 

aka modelldoc

52235341627_fa3109725c_c.jpg

Edited by Matthias Muth
  • Like 7

I think they all look great, well done everyone. I hope I can meet your expectations now.

@Ratch I may need a lesson with water dioramas. I haven't a clue and yours looks amazing

@Randall, do you know if that catapult is still available?

Ian

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I think they all look great, well done everyone. I hope I can meet your expectations now.

@Ratch I may need a lesson with water dioramas. I haven't a clue and yours looks amazing

@Randall, do you know if that catapult is still available?

Ian

I think it is still available.

• Like 1

This is where I'm at at the moment. Time to start laying down some paint.

The glazing has been horrendous and really haven't enjoyed this part of the kit. Nothing fits, gaps everywhere, so filled with Kristal Klear where I could. Might look better once painted.

Ian

IMG_5228.thumb.jpeg.1312bd48ef639227032f9ac818f62bae.jpeg

• Like 2