What's on your Workbench?

So back on the workbench now is this wee beastie. Just recently retrieved in from the top shelf, as you can probably tell from all the dust.
I started this a number of years ago (along with a host of other projects) and put this away as I wasn't that confident about painting the red and white stripes down the side.
So this is, and hopefully will be, a Hurricane 1, P3675, of 601 Sqn flown by S/Ldr Michael Robinson back in 1940 (once cleaned up 🙂 )

IMG_5291.thumb.jpeg.abb924084db5bdb23cce5a0c6bd72f2a.jpeg

• Like 2

I've started working on a little 1/72 Typhoon - I've got the cockpit bits and bobs painted ready for assembly and the pilot painted (he looks a lot better in the flesh so to speak rather than blown up on screen. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll post a proper thread up when I have some more progress.

Cheers! 

• Like 3

I agree, it does seem a nice kit - although I've not built one before. I have this one and the other that comes in the Club kit boxing. 

I've made some further progress and got the main parts together and added some filler to the seams. I found the fit of the wings a bit tight, but that's the price we pay for the gun bay detail I suppose. I might well open that up on my next one - it's a nice feature. 

spacer.png

Annoyingly I forgot to fit the pilot before I closed up the fuselage - he's a bit too big to go in now. I'll stick him in the spares box. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Started painting the Typhoon and a Starter Set Spitfire mk.Vc. which I knocked up in about an hour or so over the weekend. First coat of Hataka Ocean Grey is on. 

spacer.png 

Edited by A J Rimmer
  • Like 1