Hornby TT:120 Mk 1 SK coach in Blue Grey

Rallymatt

43 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

I took that on board Garry 👍 I have also done the interior. Grey Melamine panels with blue carpets, seats and kick panels. May show up better when I pop the lighting in and some passengers

Blue seats Matt!!!, I hope you have put the full pattern on as I can tell if it is wrong.

My boot mat is a nice piece of the seat material as is the stool in my railway shed.

As far as I can remember the kick panels were stainless steel.

20240825_181730.jpg

Edited by Silver Fox 17
  • Like 1

I dont remember that myself but it could have been standard Mk1 specific as we only built initially multiple units in my time there. It was not long before we went onto 313, 317, 455 etc which were totally different. It was over 30 years ago though.

• Like 1

Thanks, I try and include everything so people who have never done anything like this have an idea how things will look as they go through the processes.  It’s not hard but it does require some patience. I’m hoping a few others will be tempted to have a go at some different liveries, @Silver Fox 17 has done a few 👍

You did a remarkable job on a difficult colour scheme Matt, and, to fit/apply the fine lining.

My repaints were easy in comparison, all over SR green or just applying brown over the crimson/blood on a Mk1. That was the easiest as I did not need to remove the windows.

FB_IMG_1725099485214.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

I remember the old waterslide transfers, things have moved on thankfully! 

Yes, when the carrier was the whole sheet so you had a fair bit showing unless you were very skilled in cutting out. Not only that but quite thick too.

I do still prefer varnish/meths fix transfers but those days are long gone and will not be repeated.

The HMRS ones may still have old supplies but they were not the best.