Hairpin bends not allowing cars to pass

I have a number of hairpin bends on my layout, however they are persistently problematic. The gap between the rails has a habit of becoming too narrow for the guide to pass through. My normal solution is to take the track section out and flex it a few times to get the necessary gap. But this is only ever a temporary solution. Does anyone else have this problem and have they found a permanent solution?

Are you talking about the R1 hairpins that require the squeeze standard straights (highlighted here: https://uk.scalextric.com/products/scalextric-hairpin-curve-track-accessory-pack-c8195 )  ?

Non-Hornby cars i.e. Carrera will likely have trouble as the guide blades are longer, thicker and deeper (sounds mildly rude I know...)

Standard Hornby Scalextric cars should be able to passe them with no problems.

I have on the rare occasion seen some flaring at the beginning of a slot either of plastic or metal but nothing that wasn`t easy to fix permanently.

If they are getting stuck at the beginning it could be the the tabs have rotated (they are square) and need reseating and pushed back in . See this for more:

Otherwise I can`t see why the cars should bind unless the metal rails damage in some way (stepping on them is a good way to smash them down and have them pinch the guide blade) Good luck!