Problems with HM7000

Hotpot

I linked my Hornby No57 Lion to my Android phone. Having followed all the instructions, I did have a lot of problems. Bottom line Hornby gave me a code and it now works with my HORNBY DCC R8213 digital controler..

Can I now use the controler to assign another number to it as it is on 03.

When I go onto the HM7000 app on my phone it does not show the loco. It askes for a rescan but all I get is HM7000- and a four figure number with 'reset device' below. How can I ever alter settings on loco if I can't see it?

In spite of this, it still runs via the controler with some sounds.

Can we start by sorting out exactly what is happening here, and get some terminology correct so we all know what we are talking about:

• there is no HM7000 app (HM7000 are decoders), however there are HM | DCC and HM | DC apps.  You need the former, definitely not the latter
  • if you really have linked the decoder to your phone, not the app, unlink it
  • Now remove the loco from the track, turn off the app and then turn off the phone and wait a few minutes
  • replace the loco on the powered track, then turn on your phone and the app
  • the app should now find the decoder for you to link to.  Does it?  If not, or it is still asking for a reset, come back here
  • if the app has now found the decoder, link to it, do any updates it flags and install the correct sound profile for Lion

Changing address is one of the most basic functions of either your controller or the app.  Refer to your controller’s manual and whether you need to be on a programming track.  For the app, check out its manual found in the thread with all the documentation near the top of this forum.

• Like 2

It sounds to me as if the app is doing what it is supposed to do and linking to the decoder. You have to then set up the decoder for the locomotive as the decoder has no way of knowing what it is you have plugged it into. That is not part of the DCC specification.

You have to download and install the sound and profile files through your phone. There is a profile for Lion. As there are very detailed instructions on how to do this online I will not repeat them here.

Finally, you will have to decide if you want to control your Lion from your phone or your Select and configure the decoder accordingly.

Note: you can use Bluetooth to set up the decoder even if you decide to use the Select for control.

Edited by dBerriff
  • Like 1

Thank you Fishmanoz and dBerriff for your help. I had the right app, just bad luck installing it. I had previously turned off and back on my phone. However this time it went through to the part where the app needed an update, in the past it just crashed, this time I ran to near the router and it updated just fine. Now I can see everything, I assigned a different number, downloaded the Lion sounds, and put the controler back in charge. So for now everything is good.

• Like 1

Well done Hotpot, and enjoy.  Nice one on the need to update the app.  And sorry about all that around getting the detail correct but important to ensure you say what you mean/mean what you say to get our advice correct.

Oh that we can help everyone in such short order like this given many initial problems are similar to this one with similar advice.