Problems with recent puschase of Class B 17

welsh dragon

Hi.

This is just a request to see if any one has had the same problem and if a quick fix can be applied. I just purchased a class B 17 which I placed an order from the Hornby shop I use, it has taken a long time to get. My problem is that I picked

my Loco up from the shop Saturday 15th and it was taken out of the box and tested, it ran well. I use the Elite controller, I placed the Loco on to the track and I heard a slight buzzing from the Loco I tried to operate the Loco using the factory 03 but with

no movement, I then decide to give it a new addres and still nothing. I checked all my other Locos using the same track and all run well. I hope you can help, if not then another visit to the shop a journey of 40 miles.

I await a reply which I have done

before and have been given some very good advice many thanks welsh dragon

Thank you poliss for such a quick reply, Yes it was tested using a DCC controler. I know that I would have to return it if no answer can be given it is just that I have been fortunate in the past to get many of me problems solved by you which have worked.

The Loco when placed on my track gives out a light buzzing but with no response from the Elite.

Hi and many thanks to you both. What a plonker I am, I have always used the same shop for my Hornby stuff as this shop only sell model train stuff and no others. This particular Loco is one I ordered a long long time ago. The owner rang to say it was and

would get it ready for me and he has always fitted decoder into the Loco for me so when I picked it up I assumed he had fitted the decoder, BUT NOT THIS ONE. So next job is to go out get one and fit it. Once again you have sorted my problem and I am learning

by it. Many Many thanks.

from Welsh Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

one other think it could have been is what was wrong with my brand new dcc ready loco... the person who orginally soldered the 8 pin socket together in china managed to get one through with too much solder and bridging contacts, thus shorting the decoder

chip when fitted... quite anoying how it could have got through any inspection at the factory with thissssss, but it did work fine with dc, so mae dcc bit was untested?

Archived