Power Outage

Mattstrains

Hello.

I have recently built a layout with Hornby oo gauge track. It has 2 main line running loops with sidings on both the outside and insde of the layout. powered by 2 standard hornby controllers. I have recently added hornby r614/5 crossovers

to cross the main running lines. when I swith the the standard l/rh point to enter the the sidings, trains on both main lines stop or go at a slow crawl. I have so far figured that 1 controler runs both trains then with no speed control even though they are

on 2 seperate running lines. Can anyone suggest how I can prevent this so I can run 1 hst at full speed and cross a local int the station or siding ?

Thanks

Matt

OK. From looking at those pics I would guess that when you added the diamond crossings that both controllers are being electrically connected through the track. Depending on which direction the controllers are set at the time there will be a short circuit.

You need to add insulated rail joiners between the points and the diamond crossing in pic 2, near the chimney.

Archived