Reverse polarity on Colour Light signals

I have recently started to install One-touch DCC signals on my layout. I have found that 50% of them seem to be wired wrongly in that clear or stop messages sent to them have the opposite effect. That's no problem for Railmaster because there is a facility

to 'reverse polarity' when configuring the signal on the layout. However, I discovered that occasionally these signals would not switch to 'stop' when under the control of a Railmaster program. I created this test program:

0 Program Command Repeat [10]

times

2 Signal Controller A Port 104 Signal stop

4 Signal Controller A Port 104 Signal Clear

6 Program Command End Repeat

While this program was running, the icon for signal 104 on the layout diagram switched between red and green every 2 seconds,

but the signal itself remained constantly on green. By 'manually' switching the signal to red using the icon on the layout diagram, then obeying only the 'signal stop' command in the program, it appears that a signal clear is being sent instead of a signal

stop, because the signal did change from red to green.

Having said all that, I have found a way to cure the problem temporarily. As soon as I start up Railmaster, I go into the layout designer and load up the layout. Then I simply exit without making any

changes or even re-saving it. Thereafter, all programs referencing those signals configured for reverse polarity, operate as they should. I have reported this through the help function built in to Railmaster and I'm waiting for a response.

if I understand you post correctly then

1. clicking on the icon always changes the icon colour

2. under programme control the icon colour changes but the actual signal does not

3. with manual clicking both the icon and the signal change colour

is

this right?

if yes then the problem sounds like either the comms between railmaster and the elite or between the elite and the decoder.

I have not observed an issues in the elite/decoder comms. I have observed many issues with the comms between

the pc and the elite.

It is possible you are experiencing the latter.

if teh above is correct then I suggest that you raise with HCC.

Are you using the latest release of Railmaster 1.43. Its just that I tested this on my layout and had no problem. What I think is happening, perhaps, is that the 'reverse polarity' component in Railmaster isn't working with the signals when you run a script.

If you get rid of the reverse polarities, I bet it works.

I have five of these One-Touch signals installed, three are two-aspect red/green, the other two are 4-aspect, R/Y/G/Y. The latter are handled by responding to two consecutive ports, so if you allocate address, say, 123 to the signal, then port 123 handles

R/G, and port 124 handles the two yellows - stop = single yellow, clear = double yellow. The reverse polarity is present on the R/G port of both four-aspect signals, and on one of the two-aspect signals. The others, where I have not set the flag for reverse

polarity, work fine every time. So, yes Steve, it is definitely an issue with the reverse polarity flag when the signal is controlled from a program.

Reply received from HCC:

We have been looking into this issue and believe we have now resolved it.

An update will be made available later today for automatic download (version 1.44) or you can download the update now and install it manually

from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup144.exe.

Archived