Controller

Hi I was told that you couldn't connect the select directly into your P.C and use it as a main controller because it didn't have a connector for the computer I was just wondering that if I found an expressnet net cable with a USB at one end would it work

on railmaster without the elite

Hi hm, latest information seems to be indicating that you can/will be able to use the Select with RM and that there now is or will be a cable for the purpose. I don't think there is full information on this yet though.

Can I suggest you contact HCC

and let us all know what their answer is.

for a controller to talk to railmaster or any other application on a pc there has to be some way of connecting them together. the select only has an expressnet port. the elite has xpressnet and usb. the e-link has (I think) just USB.

PCs support

USB but not expressnet.

so.... for the select to connect to a pc it needs to have some sort of adaptor (eg via the elite but could be something else). I can't see anyway that teh select can work directly with railmaster running on a pc.

hitachi mad said:

I seem to have an expressnet port on my laptop would that work?
Your laptop may have a port that looks like an expressnet connector but it will almost certainly not be an expressnet port. Don't try it.

You may damage your PC or yout Select or both.
As advised, contact Hornby customer care and ask them how to use the Select with PC

Archived