Problems Doing Elite Upgrades

rugbyboys

I have just got hold of a used Elite controller and I am working my way through it, it needs to be up dated with the latest firmware. Can anyone tell me if I can do any damage to the controller while I try to carry out the upgrade because I have been reading

about some of the problems people have had trying to carry out the upgrade what is the worst case scenario please.

Hi rugbyboys,the worst case scenario on failure is that your Elite is unable to control anything, so dead. No physical damage but the firmware is corrupted after a failed upgrade attempt. This doesn't always happen though, more usually you are left with

1,3 installed, at least from what people say here. And even if dead, this doesn't stop you trying again either reinstalling 1.3 if you have it or upgrading.

Take a look at the recent thread Elite Firmware Upgrade - Surely it can't be this difficult. You'll

see there that DEWINNES said he couldn't upgrade but ended up being able to.

As you'll see from that thread, I'm firmly of the opinion that you can be successful if you persevere and follow the instructions exactly, making sure you disconnect from the

track then doing the upgrade step by step.

So go to the DCC section, download 1.41 and give it a go.

Good luck.

rugbyboys said:

I have just got hold of a used Elite controller and I am working my way through it, it needs to be up dated with the latest firmware. Can anyone tell me if I can do any damage to the controller while I try to carry out the

upgrade because I have been reading about some of the problems people have had trying to carry out the upgrade what is the worst case scenario please.

Hi I have just updated my elite to firewire1.41, downloaded the update to my computer, unplugged

my elite, power and usb, held down the stop button plugged in the power cable while holding down the stop button waited 15 seconds plugged in the usb cable, on the screen it should ask you which port the elite is connected to pick the correct port click ok

or update can't quite remember but when you see it you'll know

Archived