2014?

Jeremiah

I picked this model (34078 222 Squadron) up at the Harrogate Toyfair last year, reasonably cheap probably used but in excellent condition and still in original box with tissue paper intact. The stall where I bought it was a diecast aircraft seller who

had a few railway items. I even managed to haggle a few pounds off! I was well chuffed.

bulleidboy said:

222 Squadron is on my "second" wishlist - this is for items I don't need, but would like, then again I could say that about most of

my collection. 222 has been fetching high prices on the auction site for new/unused models.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been the perpetrator of bad jokes for many years now. I can't break the habit of a lifetime. Sorry!

Postman Prat said:

Hi LC&DR

"Well chuffed". Bulleid pacifics go 'chuff, chuff etc' although 'Tangmere' doesn't

at the moment. It's broken again, badly!! Leave the jokes(?) to Graskie.

Postman Prat said:

Hi Jeremiah

A 'cartazzi' is the type of axlebox fitted to LNER Pacifics and V2s.

Basically it is where the loco frames widen behind the coupled wheels to the full width of the firebox and cab and the carrying

wheels are between the frames. The axleboxes are incorporated into the frames so the wheels have axle entensions outside the wheel and into the axlebox. Principally they are used to allow the weight to be carried on the main loco frames.

Hope this is

clear.

Hi PP,

Apologies for the very late reply. Thank you so much for that lovely detailed description. Much appreciated. I was a little confused because I once saw a Hornby Class 56 "STORA" on this very website and in the description

it said that the model had a "Fixed-Cartazzi" wheel assembly. So I wasn't sure if it was something on the prototype or a new technology in model trains.

Archived