Railmaster App thoughts

BigNoj

Having used the full version of the app for a couple of weeks I am left wondering if it was worth buying, yes LMSTim I know it was only peanuts, perhaps he could tell us if there will be any additional developments to it. I have returned to using logmein

for free which allows all the functionality of RM to be used. What do others think?

I think it's a great app. Obviously it's designed to be used alongside the main RailMaster software on the PC, not instead of it.

It is designed to run locos and switch points and signals and other devices. It's not intended to be a full-blown

RailMaster program so you can't do programming, design layouts or set up locos on it. What would you want to do that on a small device - much easier on a PC.

If you have a small layout then it's probably pointless, more of a novelty, but if you have

other people you want to have a controller and don't want crowding the PC area then it's great for that. I also find it very useful to get much closer to where the action is, say some accurate shunting, where I can stand right over it and control everything.

I

think, for a tenner, it's a great addition to the whole RailMaster thing. The kids love it, that's for sure.

I agree. I think the app is particularly useful if you have a larger layout (mine is 10' x 8'), or you want to go closer to where something is happening. At £9.99 it is certainly a no-brainer even if you don't use it much you know it's there.

I

used the iPad app at a recent exhibition for over six hours and it worked really nicely. The visitors were most impressed. I was able to run five programs 'chained' into one, controlling six locos a turntable and a tipper and also control another couple of

locos using the iPad (original version).

I'm looking forward to loco detection to round off the system nicely. When that's done I don't anything will be able to touch it.

Archived