help required please - function control elite/railmaster

Hi all

As well as other functions I have a smoke unit on one of my locos.This set up as F16 , it works fine when using the Elite on it's own but will not work with the function control on Railmaster although all other functions do.

any ideas

please?

steamfreak

I've just been experimenting on an evaluation copy which isn't connected to an Elite or anything. I created F16 for a loco with description 'Smoke on/off', and when used on the main screen, it's background colour changed to green, as if it had been toggled

'on', then another click changed it's colour back to grey. I then changed the description to simply 'Smoke'. On the main screen, the colour wouldn't change to green. So it looks as if this configuration could be making it a momentary function, rather than

a latching function. So try adding ' on/off' to the description to see if it makes a difference.

Ray

LMSTim said:

Any function which, when turned on stays on until it is turned off, is a latching function and therefore must have "on/off" somewhere in the descrition. "Smoke on/off" would do the trick.

Sorry LMSTim,
I posted

my last message before I saw yours. Is this documented in the Railmaster manual?

St1ngr4y said:

LMSTim said:

Any function which, when turned on stays on until it is turned off, is a latching function and therefore must have "on/off" somewhere in the descrition. "Smoke on/off" would do the trick.

Sorry LMSTim,
I

posted my last message before I saw yours. Is this documented in the Railmaster manual?

Archived