Walkabout has a mind of its own

scotty27

My walkabouts rotary control appears to have a mind of its own, In as much that some times the control works ok,and then then next time you have to rotate the control to nearly half way,and as you can appreciate the chosen loco is of like a rocket, Initially

I thought it might be the elite causing the problem, this was returned to HCC for repair, in there opinion it was beyond repair,

However a new elite (1.41) was purchased but the problem with the walkabout still exists, I think it may be of to HCC for refurbishment,

The date on the underside of the casing suggests 03/08,so it could be near the end of its working life,

End of it's working life??

What have you been doing to it?

I've had mine since it came out and it still works fine, updated it with the updates as they've become available no problem at all.

I have two Selects connected to the Elite as

walkabout units and also have a few issues with no response from them.

I just reset them ( both arrow buttons and the stop button at the same time) the Selects then flash HC for hand control press the select button, display flashes AD for address, as I

have two I normally address them as 2 and 3.

This seems to settle them down for a while, mine tend to go wrong as they are both on an exhibition layout for children to operate and when they start to press all of the buttons and turn the speed control

I think the whole system just gets an overload and loses track of where it is.

Have you sent the Select to Hornby to make sure it's OK and has the latest version of firmware on I think it's still 1.2, you can see this when you plug the transformer in

to the Select it flashes up 30 then either 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2.

Cheers

Ian

scotty@27 said:

My walkabouts rotary control appears to have a mind of its own, In as much that some times the control works ok,and then then next

time you have to rotate the control to nearly half way,and as you can appreciate the chosen loco is of like a rocket, Initially I thought it might be the elite causing the problem, this was returned to HCC for repair, in there opinion it was beyond repair,

However

a new elite (1.41) was purchased but the problem with the walkabout still exists, I think it may be of to HCC for refurbishment, The date on the underside of the casing suggests 03/08,so it could be near the end of its working life,

Archived