Setting speed on Railmaster

Well ..... I did what you suggested, fired it up again and ...... all of the sound controls worked exactly as they should from the list of locos down the right hand side. Then I opened the larger loco control window and got the 'work when I feel like it

scenario'. The sound on/off buttons were not syncronised so you can't tell whether it is switched on or off visually. (You could say that's erelevant as you can hear it, but if it has the facility it ought to work ) I then tried the Elite and that worked perfectly,

but when I returned to RM, nothing worked in either the small or the large window and I had to re -start RM to get control back.

Yes, I've had all that but feel I'm getting somewhere now. I know what you mean about the function buttons. Mine still don't work as they should - they're a bit inconsistent, sometimes working first time, sometimes needing another mouse click or even a

multiple mouse click. Good to see, though, that you also found that restarting RM helped. Have you managed to reverse direction and sort the long whistle out?

The reverse direction is not a problem for me as such but I wonder why they don't just have one long button marked 'Forward' which changes when clicked to 'Reverse'. No need for the arrows. The long whistle is fine now thanks .... except as in my previous

message.

Until now I have had surface mounted points and manual passing switches. I have now got a few slow action DCC motors (decoders inbuilt) to fit so I can control everything from RM. They also have switches inbuilt which can be used for signals and

manual switching. Some carpentry to be done first though as guess where most of the points lay ? Directly above the cross braces ! Hey ho!

If you take a look at http://www.dccconcepts.com/index_files/Cobalt_turnout_motor.htm you'll find instructions for offset mounting the motor to avoid braces in the installation guide that's linked on the site. I know it's there somewhere.

Graskie,

even if you solve it yourself, I think it would be good to tell RM Support because it seems there might be some problems with v1.50 they may need to address.

And oh no, not another Pete1943 issue with Eite and RM showing opposite directions?

• 7 years later...

You have dragged up a 7 year old post and there have been many posts since addressing your problem since then in great detail.

The simple answer is to delete the loco in RM and relist it.

You may wish to search the RM forum for speed slider problems.

You have dragged up a 7 year old post and there have been many posts since addressing your problem since then in great detail.

The simple answer is to delete the loco in RM and relist it.

You may wish to search the RM forum for speed slider problems.

Thank you for that, i will give that a try. I will also look for the other posts.

Thechipman,

As Rob says there are a number of threads discussing this issue. So this is just a typical example one.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/no-speed-control-after-fitting-r8249-decoder-railmaster

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/