Converting old HST....!

eandbee

@AugustusCaesar

Sorry to hear you have not been well but thanks for the posting details of the 125 upgrade.

I agree with the comments from Fishman.

I have one of those loco's that I have converted to DCC. I may consider the lighting at some point

in the future but the loco is not running too well at the moment, so I will concentrate on that first.

Sorry Blackbird... missed your post as I quickly got the article up and signed off.

Anyway, the motor was never modified and it is a genuine 1980's loco. I had three of these at one time and two were Zero 1 operated whilst this one was left alone

on analogue and completely untouched. I bought it new too.

There were plenty about that needed no modification on the motor for current running and, as I do state in the article, there may be a need to test the motor with a multimetre as I do believe

some had a type 1 and others a type 2 Ringfield. Simply put, one with a screw through from the left brush to the motor and others without. Mine does not have that.

As long as the article is read through it doen't matter really one way or the other.

Fishmanoz...

thanks for your comments mate... you're welcome. Anyone is able to buy the boards from the e**y link although the guy has just moved home and is not open on there just now. Keep checking though.

RDS... thanks for your thoughts and comments too... it

seems a varying amount of motor types are out there so everyone reading my article really should check the motor with a multimetre.

The article is not geared to cover all scenarios and is a guide only. I hope to simply aid anyone out there with the

inclination to modify their treasured loco from that era.

And especially those who have helped me on here with my own queries in the recent past.

I don't mind offering help and answering questions but where non obvious scenarios exist like the

types of motor fitted to certain locos I don't have that kind of information. I gave a link to an Australian site in that article and that kind of information can definitely be found on there.

Anyway, I welcome all queries as stated so keep 'em coming.

If any of you DO modify the loco in this way then let me know how it went or post your thoughts here.

Cheers guys... :-)

Yeah, but the board makes it easier... and far less messy! The board includes all those parts too and as the guy has done the hard work for you if you don't know how to build them up yourself I think a fiver is exceptional.

I can wire these for

myself but chose the route which saved time and effort and worrying about how the circuit should be completed.

As I said though, it's a personal choice and you're right Son of Triangman it is cheaper... :-)

I thank you for your comment of course,

it is most welcome....

Archived