Advice on changing from analogue to digital

Doudar

I have a small analogue layout which I am about to expand and start changing to digit. I would like to get the Hornby Select DC first but was wondering if this would still control my older trains as well as any new digital ones I purchased.

Thanks

John

Also, the Select controller is very limited, not only in functions, but also the decoders that will work with it. I would suggest you go straight to the Elite unit, which although more expensive, will indirectly save you a lot of money, as you will end

up buying one anyway!

I agree with Eric that you should go for the Elite, not the Select. Take a look at my post at the bottom of the page at https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/hornby-digital/4463/ to see the benefits of the Elite over the Select. As you are just starting

out, you may think a number of things I've listed are very advanced but, once you get into DCC, you'll find you want to do many of those things.

You're already thinking ahead and going big... I haven't looked at Fishy's post but no doubt it tells you that the Elite can be manipulated in so many ways to enable what you require whereas the Select is just a box of minor tricks for the smallest layout

with no real special add-ons required. (No offense to those running the Select but hopefully you get what I mean :-) ).

Archived