Trackmaster in Windows 8

I have just upgraded my Pc To W8 and have a fresh Tackmaster prog (1.06)read to install. There seems to be a file missing that preventives completion. Does anybody know if this is a programme fault or if it means that Trackmaster is not configured for

W8?

TrackMaster works fine in Windows 8. Upgrading Windows versions (rather than doing a fresh install) is fraught with problems and I have never known one to go well.

It is possible that the upgrade, when cleaning up the files, has removed one or more

key files belonging to TrackMaster.

What I would do is download the full installation from www.powerpos.com/track-master/tm_setup107.exe and install that over your existing installation. It won't delete any work you have already done, just update the

program installation.

If the Windows upgrade has removed the licencing info for TrackMaster too then you may need to contact Hornby at support@rail-master.com to let them know so that they can help you further.

• 7 months later...

I am thinking of buying Trackmaster and have Windows 8 on my computer. Will it just be a question of installing it as new software? I have had numerous problems converting things from my previous computer (Windows Vista) as Windows 8 recognized hardly

any of them.

I don't want to be hunting for downloads and apps just to get Trackmaster to work.

Any help much appreciated.

Before purchasingTrackMaster you can download and install the evaluation version from www.powerpos.com/track-master/tm_setup108.exe.

After downloading and installing it just ensure that it is installed with full admin rights by right clicking on

the icon, selecting "Properties", clicking on the Compatibility tab and ensuring the box "Run as administrator" is checked.

You should also ensure the program has been added as a full exception to your antivirus and firewall software and there is a

guide to help you with this at www.powerpos.com/rail-master/security_en.pdf.

If everything works fine (it should do on Windows 8/8.1) then you can purchase a retail TrackMaster box and just enter the activation key into the evaluation you downloaded

to turn it into a full product. It will be a later version than the supplied CD in any event.

The evaluation software allows you to create small plans with up to 30 track pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought Trackmaster but though it has installed on my laptop with Windows 8 when I try to start it (from the new desktop icon) it comes up with a warning that I have not installed it with full administrator rights. But I HAVE. The firs thing I did

was right click on the setup menu and 'run as administrator' as per the multiple instructions to do so? It then went through the install process which I completed.

What haven't I done?

If the software is saying that it does not have administrator rights then it has not been installed with these rights. This is easy enough to resolve though just by right clicking on the icon on your desktop, selecting "Properties", clicking in the Compatibility

tab and ensuring the box "Run as administrator" is checked.

Archived