Demo version - After the trial runs out

I have a licensed version of RailMaster on a laptop and this is the version I use to control my layout. However, this is not my main computer and whilst I have no intention of running my layout from my main computer, I would like to be able to check certain

things on RailMaster from time to time.

The trial version on my main computer expired a long time ago but at the end of the trial period I feel it would be advantageous to ensure that the program could still run but the ability to run a layout is disabled.

Does

anyone else share this view?

Doesn't the demo version run for over three months? Isn't that enough time to decide whether you want it badly enough or not, even on a second PC?

Personally, I do everything on one PC, a laptop, so only need one RailMaster. Why don't you activated

the one on a laptop then you can use it anywhere you like.

@LMSTim

I had decided after a few days of the 90 day trial that I wanted the full version, so I bought it. I don't intend purchasing a second copy. The point I was making is that I would prefer the demo version to run as it currently does, for the 90

days and then to revert to a version that will NOT control a layout at all, rather than not run at all.

For example, I recently wanted to just check a particular feature on the zoom level whilst on my main computer. The laptop that has my full version

loaded is the one I use to control the layout. The laptop is just dedicated to running my layout via RailMaster and nothing else.

You can do it with one licence, I think the way Tim intended to say. Each time you shut down your laptop, deactivate the software. Then you can activate it on the desktop if you want to play on that, and again deactivate when you shut down so you can reactivate

on either later. Bit of a pain, but it will work.

That's right. You can deactivate from one PC and reactivate on another. It remembers all of the details on both PCs so it takes only a few seconds to do each time.

I would imagine, though, that not many people are in your position and would be able

to work with one fully activate copy of the software.

Fishmanoz & LMSTim

I may try that way, because I use my main computer every day but the train layout (and therefore the laptop) only comes out about very 4-5 months so during that time I am without my full version. It would help as well, to be able

to fine tune some of my programs.

Thanks.

@Fishmanoz

I have now de-registered my RailMaster from the Laptop and re-registered it on my main computer. As you say, it was not much bother and should be well worth it to me.

I have copied the programs I have written and transferred them as well.

(which reminds me of another 'desirable' item that I will add to the list and that is that all user programs are stored within a separate folder inside the overall RailMaster folder. I am going to suggest a folder called 'User Programs'. At the moment they

can be spread throughout it in alphabetical order. Mine are altogether because I have named them to all start with the same few characters.)

I did this before reading your post so I will try to find my loco and track plan info later.

@DCCTinker

Got it!

Thank you very much, I would never have checked there for my data.

I see it is an Access Database file. Makes me wonder if it can be modified using Access. (A copy of my original data of course!)

Archived