Best way to change loco id's in railmaster

recently upgraded from dynamis to rm and wanted to change loco id's to the running number.i tried the way you would for renumbering a new loco on the programming track but no success,anyone any ideas how to accomplish this using rm

thanks gixer

Good question. I've always programmed or reprogrammed my locos direct to my programming track from my Elite. I've never been able to see how you do that from RM. I know you can change loco IDs on RM but is that only after it has been programmed as said?

after trying on the class 66 bachman the loco wouldnt work at all,even after trying it on 3 and its previous number had to reset using cv8 back to default to get the loco up and running on 3.havent tried yet redoing the new number but think im going to

have to turn on long addressing in the decoder to use the number i want when i can puzzle it out

thanks gixer

It's probably best done by going into Loco Setup, second button from the left at the top of the RM main screen, selecting you loco then pressing the change loco ID button, middle of the 7 buttons at the bottom of this screen. All described in full detail

on page 40 of your manual.

And the simple reason it is done this way and not like adjusting other CVs is that long addresses are stored across 2 CVs and this stops you having to figure out the maths to get it correct.

No Gixer, you don't have

to turn on long addressing, the change ID button does it all for you.

Fishmanoz said:

It's probably best done by going into Loco Setup, second button from the left at the top of the RM main screen, selecting you loco then pressing the change loco ID button, middle of the 7 buttons at the bottom of this screen.

All described in full detail on page 40 of your manual.

And the simple reason it is done this way and not like adjusting other CVs is that long addresses are stored across 2 CVs and this stops you having to figure out the maths to get it correct.

No

Gixer, you don't have to turn on long addressing, the change ID button does it all for you.

Have followed the above and page 40 (which seems to talk more about long addresses) but I have still not got RailMaster to change the locos address.

Has anyone managed it?

While it may not be an RM fault, rather poor connection to your loco decoder on the programming track, suggest you email RM Support from within the Help section of the program. They are very responsive and you should get an answer within a day.

Fishmanoz said:

While it may not be an RM fault, rather poor connection to your loco decoder on the programming track, suggest you email RM Support from within the Help section of the program. They are very responsive and you should get an

answer within a day.

If it was a poor connection then Elite would fail to change the address as well?

Good in theory DG, but you are by no means the first to report things happening on Elite and not RM, and vice versa. But all the more reason to email RM Support. Th email will also send your configuration information to them so they have a good information

base to help you.

Archived