Replacing point lights added in error

I have 'built' my track plan using the design panel. I then attempted to add point lights at the appropriate places. When I boot-up Railmaster i hear clicking of points being set. i admist two things I rhink I have done wrong. I do not use Hornby point

decoders. I have 45 points operated for the past eight years by Digitrax DS54's as I set up DCC before Hornby got going. (I have been through the Zero 1 phase!)

My second misdemeanour! is that I Set the DS64 as the decoder and then programmed module 1,

then 5 etc as suggested in Hornby's guide.

Here is the crunch. When I boot up and the screen comes to 'setting points' I hear clicks around the layout and particularly ONE double slip which clicks about ten time before setting the point. I cant operate

the points i need

I think I should start again BUT how do I now remove the input to the decoders and the lights from my panel??

When you add point lights, which you then use to control the point when running your layout, you also right click on the them in the design screen and specify their port number, type of accessory decoder and their starting position, left or right. It is

easy to get rid of the lights, just by clicking on them and then clicking the recycle bin icon. Now you won't be able to use RM to control the point though.

Have you set up all the starting positions you want? If so, when you start RM, the clicking

will be the points being thrown to where you want them. If you then want to change them to a different route, you could record a small program to do that for you.

If what I have said doesn't solve your unwanted point light problem, then I must not

have understood you, so please explain further and I'll have another try.

Its not quite as simple. Maybe I didnt describe the situation properly. My trains run fine with E-Link/RM. I have 45points all operated for years by Digitrax DS54's NOT DS64's. as listed by Hornby.

I cannot remove the point lights on my layout plan

simply by clicking on them. I do not get the 'specify' box.. And where is the rectcle bin you mention? If its the one on my desktop, how do I et the point lights to it? I ststaed the clicking incorrectly. It os not round the layout but concentrated at one

double slip No 9. The clicking coincides exacrtly with the movement of the small blue boxes which move across the dialogue box ;setting point.

So you see Clicking is on ONE point for about 25times then nothing.

Can;t remove point lights by clicking

on them. Nothing appears

DS54 not listed. When it is inserted in 'decoder type' box

and attempt made to program it, I see red box first 'this decoder does not read CV's' 'Can only write to this decoder'. If I write, then I get a box,'do you wish to

abandon changes you have made ?; Yjis is when I tend to give up!!

Having go the trails running I need to have my points operating. I think somehow I should start again from scratch.

geoff77 said:

Its not quite as simple. Maybe I didnt describe the situation properly. My trains run fine with E-Link/RM. I have 45points all operated for years by Digitrax DS54's NOT DS64's. as listed by Hornby.
I cannot remove the point

lights on my layout plan simply by clicking on them. I do not get the 'specify' box.. And where is the rectcle bin you mention? If its the one on my desktop, how do I et the point lights to it? I ststaed the clicking incorrectly. It os not round the layout

but concentrated at one double slip No 9. The clicking coincides exacrtly with the movement of the small blue boxes which move across the dialogue box ;setting point.
So you see Clicking is on ONE point for about 25times then nothing.
Can;t remove point

lights by clicking on them. Nothing appears
DS54 not listed. When it is inserted in 'decoder type' box
and attempt made to program it, I see red box first 'this decoder does not read CV's' 'Can only write to this decoder'. If I write, then I get a

box,'do you wish to abandon changes you have made ?; Yjis is when I tend to give up!!
Having go the trails running I need to have my points operating. I think somehow I should start again from scratch.

Before you go taking everything off - and forgive me is this is patronising - but you are in the track design screen when trying to alter the point start postition etc. I take it. If you are not sure how to get there it the compass symbol on the top row

of buttons. You then need to scroll to your plan (menu at the bottom of the screen now), then tap the point (red or green button) in question so it gets a white square around it and then right click on your mouse to get the dialogue box that is being pointed

out to you. I also use third party decoders on my system but luckily RM recognises them. Get back in touch if you are still having difficulties. R-

The recycle bin is in the RM program to delete things you have added to your track layout in design mode. You may need to first drag the lights off the point before you can delete them.

If still a problem after my and Rog's advice, suggest you

email RM Support from within Help. They are very good and will solve it for you.

RogerB said:

Before you go taking everything off - and forgive me is this is patronising - but you are in the track design screen when trying to alter the point start postition etc. I take it. If you are not sure how to get there it the compass

symbol on the top row of buttons. You then need to scroll to your plan (menu at the bottom of the screen now), then tap the point (red or green button) in question so it gets a white square around it and then right click on your mouse to get the dialogue box

that is being pointed out to you. I also use third party decoders on my system but luckily RM recognises them. Get back in touch if you are still having difficulties. R-

Thanks Roger for your comment on my problem. I feel that I am close to a solution I was interested to read that you are using third party decoders. What kind? I have Digitrax DS54's and A2's. I have the points and point lights set-up on the RM layout design

page. I presume the Decoder port in the little box refers to, for example one to four on the first decoder and five to eight on the second etc. left and right is obvious. I have tried this but nothing moves. I am going to try holding the button on the DS54

and then sending a switch command from the plan. Thanks again for your help.

geoff77 said:

Thanks Roger for your comment on my problem. I feel that I am close to a solution I was interested to read that you are using third party decoders. What kind? I have Digitrax DS54's and A2's. I have the points and point lights

set-up on the RM layout design page. I presume the Decoder port in the little box refers to, for example one to four on the first decoder and five to eight on the second etc. left and right is obvious. I have tried this but nothing moves. I am going to try

holding the button on the DS54 and then sending a switch command from the plan. Thanks again for your help.

Good morning Geoff77, in the spirit of this being the Hornby forum I had better not put the name of my type of decoder - suffice it to say it emulates the top listed Hornby one exactly! I am not familiar with Digitrax decoders and I note that the DS54

is not, as you say, on the list of options - so have you tried either/both of the two Hornby versions (or any of the others) - you never know! If you want to delete the point lights and start again (an option I completely understand) you need again to be in

the design screen and tap (or right click on) the point lights in question to get the white box around it and then either use the delete button on your keypad or the RM track design delete button which is a small green trash can below the box where you can

set the scale of the screen view. Dont despair - if all this fails give RM an e-mail or call Hornby support. They are very good and will get you a resolution. All the best, R-

Archived