Assistance required with Valuation for Probate

JuliaS

Can anyone help with obtaining a value for my late fathers train set which we recently discovered in his loft. Details are as follows:

Hornby 6100 Royal Scot Engine (Mechanical, with key)

Hornby LMS Coal Truck

Hornby LMS 3888 Carriage

Hornby

LMS 6844 Carriage

Quantity of track, including straight curved, junctions and stop/reverse levers etc.

Apologies for an errors in description, but I'm a novice at this.

Any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated as any examples I have

managed to find on ebay and the like appear to be electric models and are hence not useful.

Valuation will be difficult JuliaS.

Condition of the items will be everything, do they have the original boxes, is there any damage, is there any paint damage, rust etc. You will need to get them photographed as well for accurate valuation as there

are several versions of the models particularly the Hornby Clockwork Royal Scot each with it's own value.

Seeking out someone who does valuations is key, as most know I do valuations but carnt advertise here unless someone else here recommends me.

Thanks for this. You're right - it is proving very difficult. Condition, I have to say, is not great - extensively played with would be the best description and the boxes are long gone. Is there a way to get around your position (properly of course) as

after all, I asked for help, you haven't advertised as such. No worries if not, as I don't want to cause any problems and appreciate your position.

Archived