turntabe problem

hi all

i have converted my turntable to dcc, but i'm haveing problems with railmaster controlling it.

if i controll it useing the elite its works ok, but have to put the throttle to max, but if i use railmaster it moves a small amount then

stops, but the is still power going to it untill railmaster thinks its got to the position i have asked for, then the power turns off.

can i ajust the turntables peramitors in railmaster so it instructs the decoder to give full power???

or is

there something else i can do to make it work???

really need some help guys???

You can change both the speed and time it takes to move from one road to another in the railmaster.ini file settings in the Railmaster folder. This is all explained in the manual. You will see entries called:-

Turntable speed=40 This is the power

setting being sent to the DCC chip
Turntable timer=23.56 This is the precise number of seconds to move one road

If you are going to change the above settings be prepared for a long period of trial-and-error to get the number of seconds (to the one

hundredth as you can see) just right.

Having said that, you shouldn't need to change those settings, unless perhaps you have a dodgy turntable with old motor/gearing.

You definitely DON'T want to be running the turntable at full power because

A) it's very, very noisy, B) it's not to scale C) it looks daft going around so fast - nothing like the real thing.

Because RailMaster handles the starting and stopping of the turntable you don't need to worry that'll it take around 20 seconds to move

from one road to the other. Just press the button and forget about it.

Thank you for your reply, it was very helpfull

where in the manul does it state about the ini file, i'm asking as i did not see that info.

anyway

i have sorted the problem,the gears are fine in the turntable, but i found a bad solder joint on the motor, once i sorted this all worked fine.

i did not want to make it move fast i just wanted it to work, and now it does.

thanks again.

It's on pages 38 and 39 about the tipper and conveyor but when you look at the file all of the other parameters are in plain English so easy enough to work out. These things don't normally have to be changed, as you discovered in your case, but can be

fine-tuned if a motor isn't behaving normally.

Archived