Scale Speeds - 3 Locomotives set at 15 mph. All Different.

RDS

I have 3 locomotives with the Tortoise icon speed at 15 mph. A Class 20, Class 37 and Class 47. Taking the Class 20 as the datum - The Class 47 runs at approx 7 times the speed of the Class 20 and the Class 37 runs at about twice the speed of the Class

I don't like to see locomotives racing around a track but all 3 of these when viewed separately look quite realsitic. The Class 20 is extremely slow and will in fact run if I set the slider to 2 mph, where you have to look very closely to see that it

is actually even moving.

All 3 Locomotives are the Blue Box variety. I have my RailMaster set to use scale speeds. Is it possible to set them up so that 15 mph is about the same for them all.

@Fishmanoz

Thanks. Funny but just after I pressed the 'post new thread' button it occurred to me that I may have seen somewhere about timing a loco around an oval and following your reply, I have found it in the RM instructions, under the section, Speed

Factors for Non Hornby Loco's.

So, I have fired up your favourite track designer software and calculated some loop sizes that I will use to do the necessary calculations.

Thanks again.

Archived