DCC Points

scoones

Hi All,

I'm finally getting onto making my layout DCC. There are a load of points 4 of which I already had wired up to a control panel so i could 'automatically' change them.

If I go to DCC whats the procedure with making all the points be changeable

via a switch/DCC controller?

Help please!

Thanks,

Scoones

Yes, although where you always throw 2 points at the same time, they can be wired to the same port, so you may get 5 or 6 on the one 8247, depending on your layout needs.

And if you look at my last post, whee it says ok, it should say look.

thats cool. ok so my (hopefully) final question, as theres quite alot that needs to be brought to update to digital, the points etc dont need to be digital right away for it to work do they?

I mean a DCC train will work via, say, the Elite and if i

change the points manually it wont affect the train will it.

So the points can be a later addition along with the Railmaster?

And the Elink? so I read on here thats if I want to control 1000 trains and more accessories - not needed in my case - right?

ok

more than one question there, but i think thats it :S

cheers for the help

And if you have Elite, you don't need eLink. They have the same capability and you can only use one DCC controller connected to your layout anyway. With Elite, you have the possibility of continuing to operate things through it rather than using RM all

the time too.

@scoones

As Fishmanoz says, if you have the Elite you do not need e-link. Elite does everything that e-link does and more besides. Because Elite has control knobs and a display, it will also allow you to control your digital layout at the same time

as you may be controlling it with RailMaster or with RailMaster still being connected but not actually being switched on.

Archived