Avoid shipping on purchase

Hi,

I would like to purchase TrackMaster but it seems like checkout page requires me to provide shipping address. The shipping is too expensive for me relatively to the price of the product.

Is it possible to just download the software after

purchase without shipping it?

Same question applies for "The Hornby Guide to Railway Modelling CD-ROM", is it possible to avoid shipping and just download it?

Thanks

Sergey, Hornby have been a little backward in selling software by download rather than CD/DVD. There was lot of discussion earlier this year around Railmaster only being supplied via CD. This has now been rectified, at least in some areas of the world,

but they clearly haven't offered everything this way.

So I wouldn't hold my breath, and I would check other online suppliers. When I bought RM, it was far cheaper via the Liverpool supplier, notwithstanding that I am a Collector Club member entitled

to a discount, and despite that Hornby will refund VAT on request outside the EU.

Personally, I would check whether the Hornby products you are thinking of are really the best available in the marketplace, without of course my in any way suggesting

that the Hornby products are not good. In this regard though, checking some of my recent posts will show that I have suggested that anyrail is more capable than Trackmaster and available for immediate download as a free trial.

I would check how much

Hornby tell you about modelling on this website too, and what is available elsewhere, like Brian Lambert, before deciding to pay for their CD. I bought their Trackplan book, and it is useful, but it's an individual decision whether it is worth the money. I

certainly concluded that it was useful for ideas, but I wouldn't build anything there, mainly due to the exclusive reliance on standard points and unrealistic inclines.

Archived