Pendolino frying decoders

gilbo2

I have a brand new Pendolino 'dcc ready' set, I've fitted an r8249 decoder to the motorised power car which works fine. However, when fitting to the non-motorised power car, the decoders are 'frying' :-( i.e. they literally go up in a puff of smoke. Have

lost two now!

Before returning as faulty I'm not missing anything am I?

Decoders usually fry either from overload or because the motor output gre and orange wires are connected to the track. Given overload shouldn't ve an issue, I would look for stray wiring or solder going to either grey or orange from somewhere that is connected

to either red or black decoder wires.

Mine above is the answer to the bottom of page 1.

And certainly a problem 81F, as you have shown very graphically. One of my problems on the iPad is hitting c, v or b instead of space. Two words together with one of those, the spellchecker can

fix. Three or four and you have to start again, not just put in spaces.

Fishmanoz said:

Hope your problem is solved DG? Once the answer has been given, threads tend to generate on here, as this one has. But let us know if you still have a problem.

As it was brand new I've returned it for repair,

so will wait and see now.

Yes, some threads change subject into something else, others become a waste of time, guess which one this thread is now ;-)

dgilbert2 said:

I have a brand new Pendolino 'dcc ready' set, I've fitted an r8249 decoder to the motorised power car which works fine. However, when fitting to the non-motorised power car, the decoders are 'frying' :-( i.e. they literally

go up in a puff of smoke. Have lost two now!

Before returning as faulty I'm not missing anything am I?

All fixed, Hornby fitted a new pcb to the non motorised car. Brilliant service by their repairs department once again, we'll done!!!

Archived