Trying to get elink going

AlanS

I have just bought elink and installed it successfully. I am building an N gauge layout so Hornby loco lists not relevant. Trying to read my loco decoder CVs gives error message. Ok maybe duff decoder or I'm doing something wrong (Railmaster guide not

exactly brilliant). However I thought to check voltages on output of elink box. 15V AC as expected on track output but zero on programme output, absolutely nothing there. Can this be right? Thanks for any help

Hi

Normally only a programming track output voltage is present while programming is in operation.

Check wires are correctly fitted to the programming output terminals and the programming track rails. If your using a power clip or power track section

on the programming track ensure its a digital one.

Ensure rail of the programming track are clean as too should the locos wheel treads be spotlessly clean.

If you are having problems reading or writing CVs and/or changing loco ID, see extensive recent coverage in RM forum, including posts from HRMS clarifying some issues.

If still having problems, email RM Support from within the Help window of RM

and they will solve it for you, including replacing your eLink if found to have a faulty programming track output, which has been one of the problems found with some early batch eLinks.

Archived