E-Link has no Power to Track. Am i missing something?

Hi everyone. Last port of call before contacting customer care. I recently purchased the E-Link ready to use on my Android device thus replacing the use for my Elite system which has served me for many years. I have Railmaster Full version installed on

my laptop Windows 7 and it has recognised my E-Link unit however there is absolutely no power coming from the E-link to my track whilst using the very same wires that was connected to my Elite. The green light is lit on the E-link

Many thanks for any insight

While it is extremely generous of Hornby support to carry out all this testing I am of the opinion that if a unit is faulty it goes back for a replacement from my supplier. Of course not everyone can test their unit for faults themselves if they are not

technically savvy (no disrespect here of course) but once I know a fault exists I never have a unit repaired... no matter what the equipment.

It seems there are still a lot of issues with this unit, of which I have one and so far so good, and the most

common is power loss. This is either down to faulty chips or the power regulator inside the unit itself. Or just simple poor soldering on the board/s. Intermittent issues with some units may point to this. The solder could be melting with undue heat and this

is similar to laptop graphics chips where too much heat breaks the connections on the legs of the chip through the motherboard. This also gives the yellow or red ring ring of death on Playstations and X-Boxes.

Fixing those means reballing the solder

and can be an easy or difficult job depending on your skills. However, this is not a fix I recommend with the eLink as there is no guarantee this fault exists in these units. I merely mention it.

Anyone else have a possible reason for these issues or

has support told anyone why these errors occur?

Thanks for the replies. After much puzzlement I fiddled around with the power connector slowly plugging it in to the eLink unit and hey presto power was given to the track, however upon loading up Railmaster the Elink power light went out. After much more

fiddling about it seems to work fine thus presuming its the power lead/port at fault. If any more problems persist I will contact Hornby.

Archived