Re-activating RailMaster on New Laptop Window8

my laptop that was supporting RailMaster Software recently failed and therefore I have purchased a new lap top (windows 8). I've been trying to re-activate RailMaster software (original version 1.21) now installed onto the new laptop.

When prompted,

I have entered my activation number supplied with the original software into the activation box (first inserting the CD into the drive) and on each occasion (4 times) it comes up with ‘software activation error connecting to gateway error 0’ or ‘unable to

enter resource cannot connect 12029’.

My previous laptop lost internet connection and therefore I have been unable to de-activate the software on that laptop. Therefore I am assuming this is why I cannot re-activate the RailMaster software now installed

on my new laptop. the new laptop is connected to the Elite Unit with Firmware 3.1. I have not upgraded either the Elite or the RailMaster Software since installation in 2011 and had no previous problem until now.

Just prior to my old computer failure

I noticed that the Hornby RailMaster software had gone to ‘evaluation mode’ and I was unable to restore this to the full program (internet connection lost) and unable to use the many programs I had written.

Can anyone advise me what I should do?

I am aware that I should be able to continue using the software that I originally purchased if it can be re-activated onto the new laptop.

thanks

@rattlerMark

You need to email RailMaster support directly on support@rail-master.com.

The software must be de-registered from your previous PC and the support team will do that from their end for you.

They are supporting users over the Christmas

break.

(There is a very similar case for someone else show a few threads below this one called 'cannot de-register)

To resolve this problem just download and install the latest RailMaster program from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe remembering to save it to a temporary folder first then rght-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

Also

ensure that RailMaster has been added as a full exception to both your antivirus and firewall software.

To check the administrator status of the program (in case you already installed it without administrator status) right click on the icon you use

to run the program, select "Properties", click on the Compatibility tab and ensure the box "Run as administrator" is checked.

RDS said:

@rattlerMark
You need to email RailMaster support directly on support@rail-master.com.
The software must be de-registered from your previous PC and the support team will do that from their end for you.
They are supporting

users over the Christmas break.
(There is a very similar case for someone else show a few threads below this one called 'cannot de-register)

Thanks for your help RDS I'll send an email

@rrattlerMark

Hopefully you have sorted this by now but I noticed that HRMS had also responded to your thread by advising you to download the latest version from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe

Maybe they have already sorted out your licence

from their end.

I have always had to add the latest version number into that web address so for example now it would be www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup155.exe.

Archived