Cornishman not working

JOSHNUFC2004

We got the Cornishman DCC set for my son for Christmas. The train for the set does not appear to work properly. I have used the DCC controlled and coded a shunter & class 47 loco which are both working fine as 01 & 02. There is plenty of power to both

of them which work anywhere on the layout. Unfortunately, I cannot get the Cornishman to work. When it is placed on the track it showed 03 code and can be coded as 04 but it will not work either forwards or backwards. You can hear the current going to the

loco but it will not move......any ideas. I have done all the usual things, check the integrity of the track, current etc.

Hi. Yes I can hear a buzzing sound. I had already checked for any blockage of wheels etc. Since speaking I have got it to work a couple of times but I have had to press down slightly on the cab of the loco to get it started. I obviously believe there may

be a loose wire/short somewhere inside the loco. As such, I was going to get in touch with the Hornby support team and see if I can have it repaired or replaced by them.

The son of Triangman said:

Take it back to the shop or send it back to Hornby via Customer Services, they will be able to help as it's new. As has been said don't try to mend it yourself.

Thank you for your comments Fishman

& Son of Triang. I had already decided that as it's new I wouldn't be trying a repair myself. No point paying for Hornby and not using their great customer support. Happy New Year!!

Archived