Trains not stopping when you press emergency stop

Modeler1996

I have recently got Hornby elite controller and just put my first train on the track. As you do the wheels start spinning and so I pressed the emergency stop and the train didn't stop. Did this several times and nothing happened. Did have select controller

and trains where assigned to that.

I seem to remember a thread some time ago where a difference in Select and Elite on emergency stop was discussed. From what you say, I suspect that Select cuts power to the track whereas Elite just brings them to a halt.

But I think what you may

be getting is a DC runaway where the intermittent signal you loco gets as you put it on the track leads the decoder to misinterpret it as DC, then run flat out as there is full DCC volts to the track at all time.

So first I suggest you remove power

from the Elite when you are putting locos on the track. Then I suggest you turn off DC running in CV29 so you can't get runaways.

RDS said:

@Fishmanoz
Yes, I agree but just when I get close to doing it, I find something more interesting to do, like logging on to this forum!

RDS, the forums are supposed to help with model railways, not hinder. Although

it is a lot cheaper to be a forum member than a railway modeller and you don't have to be both, it just helps.

@Fishmanoz

I can assure you, this forum has been a great help to me and I hope I have been able to help the odd person along the way as well. I know you have. During the last 12 months or so things have moved on a lot and I am particularly pleased to

see fairly frequent responses directly from the Hornby team and the build up of our desirable features.

There seems to be plenty to look forward to in the future as well.

Now what was that CV number again!

Archived