Using eLink from RM screen to manually change points...

I use eLink in RM only to change my points. Locos are controlled by an Elite.

Before I report it in to HRMS has anyone else had the problem where the eLink freezes if points are selected on screen fairly quickly in sequence. The screen images still

change but the points are unresponsive.

Pressing the controller reset (small red square in the RM STOP ALL/START ALL button) does not clear the fault and I have to restart RM to reset it.

Sequential points changes within a programme work fine as I have

allowed a couple of seconds recovery time between commands.

RAF96 I've been experiencing freezing of RM and when I contacted HRMS I got this response: "With regard to the freezing, there are different types of freezing where nothing at all can be done on the PC or where other things can be done but the program

you are using is not responding for a while.

It would be useful to know which one you are experiencing. Something on your PC is clearly having an influence on the way the program runs as it is not normal for the program to freeze, even for a fraction

of a second, at any time. The reason for this is that RailMaster has a powerful server built into it which allows upto 8 additional devices (PCs or hand-helds) to communicate through it to the DCC controller. Any kind of freeing would ruin this communications

system and the software has been built specifically to avoid this scenario.

Another thing you could do is, at the moment it freezes, copy the log.txt file from the RailMaster program folder to another folder and email it to us. Although we know nothing

of the other software installed on your PC, or whether your operating system is fundamentally unstable, the log file may help us to guesstimate what it could be."

So when it next freezes copy the log.txt file and send it with your query to HRMS and

see if they can identify what might be making RM freeze. I'm yet to try the advice they gave me and I just ride the freeze on my Sleigh of Indifference until it usually clears itself without having to reboot RM - best of luck.

Archived