p*c* points and hornby point motors

Gixer

has anyone got any tips regarding the above I bought the r8247 accessory decoder programmed it using RM then tried to operate a point on basic settings.it would not throw ,upped the pulse to 500 with a delay of 15 secs and it worked but not very well.Would

it help to take the point spring out to make it easier to fire the point or up the pulse any advise would be appreciated

thanks Gixer

Really shouldn't go beyond 500mSec as you run the risk of damaging the motors.

I think someone has said you can adjust the spring tension on the p.co so do reduce it or remove the spring. Then make sure everything is perfectly flat too. Don't screw

the motor down tightly either. Sometimes a piece of plasticard can help under surface mount too.

And the 15 seconds sounds longer then necessary too.

thanks for the replys I was just a bit concerned in case it was the motors cos they have stood in the packaging for a few years.also do many people take out the springs from the points and will it cause derailments

thanks gixer

Hi Gixer,

I thought the new type Hornby motor would not work with P... points mainly due to different linkages ? anyway, if you have managed to get them to fit then ok.

However, IMO the P... points are a bit tighter to move than Hornby, so you could

slacken off the spring retaining clip on the top of the point (just slide it back about 1mm with a small screwdriver), this will reduce the tension and may be enough to allow the Hornby motor to move ot correctly. I don't think you should remove the spring

,,,!

P.

Hi all thanks for the replys i tried removing the springs but the point blades would not remain closed so had to put the springs back.then noticed idid have some p*c* point motors so tried them and they work no bother,tried the hornby point motors on hornby

points and they work no bother so just going to keep p*c* with p*c* and hornby with hornby

Thanks gixer

Gixer said:

Hi all thanks for the replys i tried removing the springs but the point blades would not remain closed so had to put the springs back.then noticed idid have some p*c* point motors so tried them and they work no bother,tried the

hornby point motors on hornby points and they work no bother so just going to keep p*c* with p*c* and hornby with hornby
Thanks gixer

Hi Gixer,
I thought you were talking about Hornby side mounted point motor , or are you referring to the

under the board type ?

P.

Pete172 said:

Gixer said:

Hi all thanks for the replys i tried removing the springs but the point blades would not remain closed so had to put the springs back.then noticed idid have some p*c* point motors so tried them and they work

no bother,tried the hornby point motors on hornby points and they work no bother so just going to keep p*c* with p*c* and hornby with hornby
Thanks gixer
Hi Gixer,
I thought you were talking about Hornby side mounted point motor , or are you referring

to the under the board type ?

P.

Archived