Thomas Oil & Tar Wagons

Choobacca

Seeing as they're made with kids in mind, they're not as fragile as modern main range stuff. I don't have any, but from the pictures its pretty obvious they're made from the old 4-wheel tanker tooling. I do have a couple of the old tankers and they're

not delicate (or have glued bits), but you should be aware that they do have the moulded-on large style couplers, which depending on the layout curves, aren't 100% compatible with the modern small type.

The other issue is that the Thomas liveries are

very unrealistic, but I'm guessing that doesn't bother you! :)

• 3 months later...
Whilst we're talking about the Tar & fuel wagons, I have a question about the Milk wagon. Whenever I see them, they always have blue lettering, but I came across one the other day with red lettering, is this official, or some sort of special edition one?

Blue text is what appears in the show. Red lettering ones are apparently extremely rare.

The tar wagons are based on the ones from the TV Show. I used to have some similar ones from the diecast thomas range when I was a kid. The wagons in the show may be based on real tar tankers of course, although I've never seen any like it, and the person

who took that Flickr pic seems to think it might have just been done up like that for the museum (a Thomas event perhaps?).

The Hornby Thomas Milk and Tar wagons are not accurate representations of real vehicles however, they're just old wagon mouldings

painted to look like those on the TV show.

Archived