How to read a CV?

Aj1

It means RM can read your loco decoder configuration variables (as far as that is possible with the particular decoder - some decoders can have more CVs read than others) and allow you to change them to suit your requirements - e.g. acceleration/deceleration

rates and many other parameters.

To be able to do this you need to set up a piece of track isolated from your main track and connected to the eLink/Elite PROG terminals.

You would be advised to invest a little time in reading the RailMaster PDF guide installed on your Windows desktop thoroughly as you are asking questions that are readily answered in the guide.

The forum is really intended for questions where users

have exhausted their knowledge and the contents of the documentation.

Your Western Master eLink train set comes with the loco and track plan already set up (assuming you selected "Western Master" from the installation options when first running RailMaster).

This means the loco is set to DCC ID 3 and the software knows this and has already set your loco to DCC ID 3 and placed it on the locos list. You need to ensure you have followed the instructions carefully and if necessary also consult the Driver Installation

PDF guide also installed on your Windows desktop as it could be a simple matter of looking at the connection from the TRACK output of your eLink controller to your layout.

The above also covers your other two postings on this forum under "Train not

moving" and "Why won't RM pick up my train automatically?".

Hi, my train set is not working. Everything seems fine apart from when I press go on the loco, nothing happens. I am getting worried and wondered if there was any additional information to the answers in the PDF that I could find here.

AJ, you aren't giving us much to go on to help you, apart from following the PDF manual as HRMS suggests.

So to help us help you,tell us what you have done to try to set things up, starting with opening the box and working from there. Then we can

see where your troubles start.

Archived