More mainline certified locomotives with a support coach.

kenilworthcastle

I'm opting to hopefully see a train pack similar to the Duchess of Sutherland with Support Coach train pack but instead one being Princess Elizabeth with Support Coach & King Edward I with Support Coach for 2015. It would be good as both locos are being

overhauled and some of the funds for pre-orders of both of these could go to the overhaul of the respective locos. I would live to have Lizzie & King Edward I with their support coaches and a rake of Mk1 coaches on my layout. If enough people would say yes

to it, then Hornby might produce them :).

With the new 'Railroad' Mark 1s this ought to be fairly easy to do. The coach types might set a few challenges, for example there are some that used to be BCKs and up to present Hornby do not make that bodyshell. However a lot of them were BSKs which Hornby

does make, so it would be a simple livery change.

However extra carriages in the Hornby range may not be popular with some!

Absolutely agree WTD. The first I did was a LIMA BSK which was converted to a Research Department test car, way back in 1978. The red and blue livery certainly stood out on our layout.

walkingthedog said:

You can pick up old coaches

at toy fairs for next to nothing as you have said before LC. it's good fun doing a bit of kit bashing and a cheap coach is the ideal way to start.

Archived