Tiling Loco controls in Railmaster

JungleRepairer

Previously you could "Tile" more than one loco control window in Railmaster, now only one. Would like to tile more than 2 at least and preferably increase the number of columns of locos displayed to be more than two. Have 18 engines on layout at one time,

running 6 continuously - hard to keep track of!

If you're referring to the single large loco panel you can bring up by clicking on that loco in the one or two rows to the right, I don't remember ever being able to tile them. Selecting a new loco from the right has always just replaced the other large

panel with the new loco's details, as far as I recall. I must admit that can be a bit restrictive and frustrating, though. With regard to the right side, don't forget that you can always split your locos into groups, classes, regions etc, which is what I do.

Admittedly that doesn't really solve the problem of mixing such divisions. Perhaps Hornby will have improved things in their next what is expected to be quite a large RM update.

For clarification RailMaster has never 'tiled' loco controllers. There have only ever been a maximum of two columns of small loco controllers on the right of the RailMaster window and one large pop-up controller which could be dragged anywhere within the

window.

On a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200 you can see up to ten small loco controllers on-screen in two columns and can scroll through up to 192 loco controllers per loco group.

New functionality will be available in a future upgrade,

to be released soon, regarding the large pop-up controller.

@HRMS

Having been flamed by the forum for suggesting this elsewhere when there is already a venue, please consider the following...

Regarding the (never previously been done) 'tiling' of loco panels.

In the event of more than 2 rows being required/possible

would it also be possible to initiate this either within the settings selector (as currently is for 1 or 2 columns) or by editing the .ini file via a suitable line entry.

In a previous life working on a now stalled project, I wrote up in xml a layout plan

incorporating multiples of a loco control panel than was more compact than the Hornby one and could be tiled across the plan page in whatever position suited me at the time (top/bottom/left/right side). I'm sure this is possible in RM and wondered if it could

be offered as a user option (i.e. customise loco control panel view and location on plan page).

Sorry RAF. I don't think any of us meant to upset you, but it's always best to start a new thread under just one most suitable heading. Let's hope that the next RM update will provide some answer to your requirements which, I think, a lot of us would be

pleased to see as well.

Archived