eLink and windows 8.1 - any success?

SonicBoom

beejack said:

I have just bought a new laptop with windows 8.1 installed.

Rail master installed with no problems, I ran as administrator.
I then set compatibility to win 7 as I know it works with my win 7 PC's
I then connected

the e-link and let windows install the driver, checking which port it was installed on.
started rail master and in settings - set controller to e-link and selected the correct com port and set the baud rate to 115200

I have started rail master over

half a dozen times and each time it has connected OK. I have also removed and reinserted the USB cable with no problems. I have tried it in two different USB sockets. When I tried it in the second socket railmaster couldn't detect it on com3 so searched and

found it on another port.

Note: both sockets were USB 3 sockets. Also I have yet to try driving a loco as the laptop is in the lounge and the layout is in the garage. Too cold to stay in there for long at the moment.

So far it has been a total

success!

I've still no success with my Dell W8.1 RM detects eLink intermittently no matter what mode I run RM in - I can see the eLink detected in Device Manager and plug and unplug and watch the eLink being detected. Perhaps its a combination

of Dell etc. I've gone back to my Toshiba with W7 and RM and eLink have no problems no matter what I do!

Archived