Schedule

Hi, can anyone help me out?

I have written a simple program and have been trying to get it run from the schedule list. Program runs fine from the program run command line but when I put in the schedule list the time comes and goes and nothing happens.

I cannot see what i'm doing wrong!

@Deltic_Malc

I experimented with the 'Schedule' facility a few months ago, without a great deal of success.

I got the impression at the time that it was not used by many members on this forum and that fact may be backed up by the fact that you have

not had a reply in almost a day.

One suggestion to me was that you should not use the computer for anything else while the schedule is running.

However, when I eventually got it working (and I don't know how or why), I removed the ticks from the 'run'

column and it still ran the program at the scheduled time. I then had to remove the commands completely to stop the program running!

I have a feeling that there may be a change to this facility in the next major update.

Sorry, I can't help.

I've had some success with the Schedule. I have 6 or 7 programs listed at about 3-4 minute intervals starting at 02:00 am. Then when I want to run them, I have another program which has a single instruction in it which sets the RM time to 01:59:50. Then

10 seconds after running this program, the schedule bursts into life.

I think RDS has touched on a possible problem involving the ticks in the 'RUN' column. Try unticking everything, close down the schedule, close down and restart RM. Go back into the schedule

and re-tick everything. Then set the RM time to, say, 10 seconds before the start time of the first program, and see what happens.

Ray

St1ngr4y said:

I've had some success with the Schedule. I have 6 or 7 programs listed at about 3-4 minute intervals starting at 02:00 am. Then when I want to run them, I have another program which has a single instruction in it which sets

the RM time to 01:59:50. Then 10 seconds after running this program, the schedule bursts into life.
I think RDS has touched on a possible problem involving the ticks in the 'RUN' column. Try unticking everything, close down the schedule, close down and

restart RM. Go back into the schedule and re-tick everything. Then set the RM time to, say, 10 seconds before the start time of the first program, and see what happens.
Ray

Thanks for your help, I have had it working before but it seems very

"Hit and Miss". The schedule I put in started working on its own yesterday afternoon but I have no idea what the problems was. I run the RM on a laptop and try to have nothing else running in the background but RM seems to be very unpredictable when it come

to automating the railway with programs and schedules. Things may improve when the loco detection is released and we we will not have to rely on timing.

Archived