Installing Rail Master on windows 8

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help I am trying to install railmaster on my lap top I have got as far as software activation by internet filled all my details in then you have to tick the green box to activate keep getting a message unable to enter resource-cannot

connect 12029 when loading I run as administrator and internet connection is on? Thanks in advance for any advice

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Sorry, noticed this thread about activation not working etc. I am new to Hornby / Railmaster and am having exactly this issue when trying to activate.

I have checked all firewall settings, internet settings and still no luck.

Any suggestions

would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

N18EDG said:

Hi All,
Sorry, noticed this thread about activation not working etc. I am new to Hornby / Railmaster and am having exactly this issue when trying to activate.
I have checked all firewall settings, internet settings and

still no luck.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Might be worth trying to download RailMaster from the Hornby website, link below;

http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe

Then right

click the downloaded file and run as administrator.

The important thing above is installation as administrator. If not done, you don't have to reinstall to fix, just right click on the RM desktop icon or tile, select Properties then the Compatibility tab, and make sure the run as administrator box is ticked.

That fixes it. In fact, once installed, you should never need to reinstall, only update.

If you haven't allowed RM to update to latest, you should restart it and it should automatically ask you if you want to update. Says yes and allow it to do so

despite the warning that comes up about administrator, that should be Ok now.

Once running the latest as administrator, you can check about your virus protection not blocking from the PDF guide that has been installed as part of update.

Just

one other thing if you are using W8.1, some have reported that you must run it in W7 compatibility mode. So if still having problems, you may need to go back to Properties, Compatibility and set W7 as the mode here.

Hope that helps, let us know.

Archived