Elink/RM cannot read or write CV

navin

Just got the E-link a few days back. Got the RM/ E-link working and played around with one of the loco's like a breeze but as i tried to add additional loco could not change the address or read and write CV.Removed the capacitor from R 8206 -did not work

- then got a normal straight track - did not work. Got the latest version of RM- that also did not resolve the problem. what else can be done ? Have followed he PDF /manual instructions to the details and seems straight forward enough..so cant figure out what

else could be going wrong ...please help

navin said:

Just got the E-link a few days back. Got the RM/ E-link working and played around with one of the loco's like a breeze but as i tried to add additional loco could not change the address or read and write CV.Removed the capacitor

from R 8206 -did not work - then got a normal straight track - did not work. Got the latest version of RM- that also did not resolve the problem. what else can be done ? Have followed he PDF /manual instructions to the details and seems straight forward enough..so

cant figure out what else could be going wrong ...please help

I presume you have up a separate programming track and connected that to the eLink Prog terminals.

RAF96 said:

navin said:

Just got the E-link a few days back. Got the RM/ E-link working and played around with one of the loco's like a breeze but as i tried to add additional loco could not change the address or read and write CV.Removed

the capacitor from R 8206 -did not work - then got a normal straight track - did not work. Got the latest version of RM- that also did not resolve the problem. what else can be done ? Have followed he PDF /manual instructions to the details and seems straight

forward enough..so cant figure out what else could be going wrong ...please help

I presume you have up a separate programming track and connected that to the eLink Prog terminals.

Archived