Addressing Locos

Lowty1

Last night I set up an address on J64 loco for the very first time and set it as number 63, that being the last 2 numbers of the loco. I noticed that each programming button also has a letter on it. I would like to know can I set an address such as J64

to identify a particular loco? If so how can it be done? Thank you.

Hi

You cannot send Alpha/numeric data to a decoder as its address, the decoders address has to be a numerical value only.

The Elite offers the ability to recall locos from a list and here you should be able to store a Alpha/numerical loco details.

Page 44 of the Elite manual refers.

Flashbang said:

Hi
You cannot send Alpha/numeric data to a decoder as its address, the decoders address has to be a numerical value only.
The Elite offers the ability to recall locos from a list and here you should be able to store

a Alpha/numerical loco details. Page 44 of the Elite manual refers.

If you have an Elite or are using RailMaster with an eLink, you can set an ID as four digits instead of just two, which can help identify a loco by sight. For instance, Western Region locos only had four numbers, so you can can use them all. For other

5 digit BR numbers I always use the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th ones. The first number indicates other regions, for a start, and not using the 2nd number makes it less likely to get duplication with other loco numbers. This is not, of course, so necessary with the

eLink combination, as the RM program can easily identify locos for you. If you are using just a Select, however, you can only program 2 number IDs.

Graskie said:

If you have an Elite or are using RailMaster with an eLink, you can set an ID as four digits instead of just two, which can help identify a loco by sight. For instance, Western Region locos only had four numbers, so you can

can use them all. For other 5 digit BR numbers I always use the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th ones. The first number indicates other regions, for a start, and not using the 2nd number makes it less likely to get duplication with other loco numbers. This is not, of

course, so necessary with the eLink combination, as the RM program can easily identify locos for you. If you are using just a Select, however, you can only program 2 number IDs.

Archived