Scalextric Power Issue

Hi all, new to scalextric and want a little advice on power to the track please from those in the know. I brought some track secondhand and then discovered there are no power supplies at all in them. The track I have compromises of eight different complete

sets and a lot of other add ons. All in all it will make a four lane track approx 3.5 metres long and 2.5m across. My question is simple what do I need to buy to power it up. I have 8 different bits of track where the power and car controllers fit into but

need to know what to power from the mains to the track. I have asked the Support team at Hornby and not received a reply. I can't just walk into a shop in the UK as i live in Cambodia and there are no dealers here at all. Grateful for any advice or assistance

please. Kev

For the newer forum members I would advise that a few years ago someone else also politely raised a question looking for help about Scalextric and after a few funny replies someone, and I think it was Polis, pointed out that the Scalextric "helpline" by

default took people to the Hornby forum. Can't really see how "Vroom vroom roarrrrr" helps at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys but the site is bloody hard to follow to be honest. i have both Horny and Scalextric accounts but the forum sent me here. Also i have emailed support twice and got zip from them. Last you are absolutely right vroom vroom roarer is no use at

all but probably amuses the poster. Nothing like a bit of help for fellow hobbyists. Thanks anyway I will keep trying. Kev

KevS said:

Thanks guys but the site is bloody hard to follow to be honest. i have both Horny and Scalextric accounts but the forum sent me here. Also i have emailed support twice and got zip from them. Last you are absolutely right vroom

vroom roarer is no use at all but probably amuses the poster. Nothing like a bit of help for fellow hobbyists. Thanks anyway I will keep trying. Kev

I am led to believe that the Hornby DCC 4Amp PSU can be used with Scalextric sets.

KevS said:

Thanks guys but the site is bloody hard to follow to be honest. i have both Horny and Scalextric accounts but the forum sent me here. Also i have emailed support twice and got zip from them. Last you are absolutely right vroom

vroom roarer is no use at all but probably amuses the poster. Nothing like a bit of help for fellow hobbyists. Thanks anyway I will keep trying. Kev

Should have known that some anoraks have no sense of fun. Actually posted to keep the thread

alive but what hell

Archived