RM Handheld App for Android

DEWINNES, you have full information on handheld apps downloading and installation in two places. First, if you scroll back through Latest News in the Help window in RM, you will find about them. Second, there is a complete PDF guide on them which has been

downloaded to your desktop when Rm am updated itself to the latest v1.55.

Use this thread for more questions. You do need to follow all the instructions carefully.

BTW the link in your original post dewinnes had a typo it should be:

www.powerpos.com/invicto/railmaster.htm

However this is just a promo page with a link to an old version of RM (1.47).

So do as fishy says and read the handheld guide you got

with RM 1.55.

Please note that the android version is not a conventional app that you can download from playstore but is a web app run from a browser (I seem to remember they recommend chrome).

Fishmanoz said:

DEWINNES, you have full information on handheld apps downloading and installation in two places. First, if you scroll back through Latest News in the Help window in RM, you will find about them. Second, there is a complete

PDF guide on them which has been downloaded to your desktop when Rm am updated itself to the latest v1.55.

Use this thread for more questions. You do need to follow all the instructions carefully.

thanks for reply just had a look at the pdf document and didn't realise it was going to be so difficult. I just expected to download the programme and link to railmaster. It doesn,t look a quick process. I will have to get my teenage son to do it as it

mentions IP Adress changes and zipping files.

Thanks for help

Dave, yes, a little computer knowledge goes a long way with the apps and static IP addresses is the more difficult part. But the instructions are pretty good and many have been able to follow them. If I can just add for your son, if you type ipconfig into

a command box, it will tell you what all your relevant addresses are currently and you can then use them to set up the static addresses that will work. Once you get this right, the app will connect almost instantaneously and download your locos and track plan

from RM. If it is taking any time, you still haven't set the addresses correctly.

• 3 months later...

David, I'm no Android expert so it can only refer you to the manual on working with it, Galaxy or otherwise. However, let's assume it does given you have an app for it as per the handheld instructions. Then lack of connection is usually going to be an IP address issue. So tell us exactly what you've done, with addresses so we can see if we can see a problem. 

And the other thing to do is to email RM Support from within the Help window of RM, giving them the same detail as you give us and they should be able to put you right too. Don't use another method to contact them as this method sends them your log.txt file so they can see what is going on. In fact, you might try reading that in your RM folder yourself and tell us what it says. 

Thanks for your help you have been a great support to a novice. I will contact support. I set the IP address the same as Tab 3 but it doesn't connect. my sons Iphone worked fine so i'm stuck but thats no surprise at least i am getting to grips with the DCC and Railmaster just app to sort.

Thanks

David

Archived