problem with reversing engines

Glenbo

I have been trialing the hand held railmaster software on my ipad and because you can only use two engines I changed the order of the engines on my list so that I could use my two favourites. some how as a result of completing this process, two of the

three engines now run in reverse! very annoying. Is there a way of putting them back to how they should be without pulling the engines to pieces to change over the chips.

Hi Glen, there are 3 ways to reverse the direction of your locos, and swapping the order in RM isn't one of them. The ways are:

- swap the orange and grey wire on the motor connections, but it don't recommend doing that

- in the RM Setup window,

General tab, tick the Reverse direction controls box in the bottom left of the window. This applies to all locos in RM, or

- enable reverse direction by adding 1 to the value of CV29 on any individual loco. To tell you more, see a Cv29 calculator at http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

I said, changing the order won't do any of those things. However, I can imagine that you may have accidentally ticked the RM Setup box. But that should have put all of them in reverse? How many locos do you have and are you sure the one now running ok wasn't

running reverse before.

And just to be sure before doing anything, suggest you close down RM, reboot your computer and restart RM and make sure they are still reversed.

Anyway, let us know if any of that has helped.

Fishmanoz said:

Hi Glen, there are 3 ways to reverse the direction of your locos, and swapping the order in RM isn't one of them. The ways are:

- swap the orange and grey wire on the motor connections, but it don't recommend doing

that
- in the RM Setup window, General tab, tick the Reverse direction controls box in the bottom left of the window. This applies to all locos in RM, or
- enable reverse direction by adding 1 to the value of CV29 on any individual loco. To tell you

more, see a Cv29 calculator at http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

Like I said, changing the order won't do any of those things. However, I can imagine that you may have accidentally ticked the RM Setup box. But that should have put

all of them in reverse? How many locos do you have and are you sure the one now running ok wasn't running reverse before.

And just to be sure before doing anything, suggest you close down RM, reboot your computer and restart RM and make sure they are

still reversed.

Anyway, let us know if any of that has helped.

Gee that was a quick reply. I have three engines. they were all working correctly just prior to me having a go with the ipad.now two of them go backwards. I have tried swapping them around again to see if they revert without success. The Mallard I bought

last I ended up by having to switch the chip around on that to get it going in the right direction. As I had put it in in the first place I think I just got it around the wrong way. I don't think I even went into the setup screen in RM but I'll go and have

a look but that will fix two of them and put the Mallard back to running in reverse. don't think I could pull that body off again!!

If your locos were running correctly for direction before you messed with the RM listing then how could the physical connections inside the loco have become swapped over.

If the decoder is plugged in pin 1 to pin 1 then that is correct. If it was hardwired

then any alteration to correct loco direction can still be done either from your DCC controller or from in the RM settings as explained by Fishy.

Archived