Reproducible running of program

Does anyone have suggestion for making the running of the a recorded program reproducible, I have set up a program to run a loco through a series of actions with all the various points changed to go through the route. When I come to run the program, the

loco overshoots the stop point at the end of the program every time by roughly the same amount.

Any comments / suggestions on how I can improve the running of the program?

Regards

Colin

Hi Colin,

Go into the program editor and open up the program you have recorded. Look for a program line which contains the loco which was running, and has something like "Forward to [20]" on that line. If you click the cell containing "Forward to ..."

you will find it is a dropdown list of commands which you can apply to that locomotive. Among these commands you will find these four commands -

Accelerate Forward ....

Accelerate Reverse ....

Decelerate Forward ....

Decelerate Reverse ....

You

will find details of how these commands work in the PDF guide, but if you get stuck, you can ask further questions here.

Good luck

Ray

Buffer stops are my best friend when creating repeatable programs. I regularly, slowly, drive into them to "reset" the trains position. Also use locos with faultless operation, eg Any slight pause on points upsets timings.

Hi

I have just started programming. I recorded my first program using the shunt button to get a DMU clear of the station, then cruise to get it up to speed. At the other end, I use shunt again to slow it down and finally stop.

I edited the

program changing the stop time until l got the unit to park without hitting the buffers.

Remarkably, the stop positions at each end of my return journey are consistent. As said, the loco and track need to be reliable.

Cheers

Hi Colin,

Go into the program editor and open up the program you have recorded. Look for a program line which contains the loco which was running, and has something like "Forward to [20]" on that line. If you click the cell containing "Forward to ..."

you will find it is a dropdown list of commands which you can apply to that locomotive. Among these commands you will find these four commands -

Accelerate Forward ....

Accelerate Reverse ....

Decelerate Forward ....

Decelerate Reverse ....

You

will find details of how these commands work in the PDF guide, but if you get stuck, you can ask further questions here.

Good luck

Ray

Thanks again

Archived