hornby turntable and rail master /elink

Hi John

I have a Hornby Turntable, Model R070 and use it on a DCC system, via RailMaster and an Elite controller.

I have allocated id 070 to it and it works fine, just by calling it up as if it was a loco.

Hello John,

No need to convert back to standard. The turntable has a motor in it so it is more like a loco than a point. If it has been converted to dcc then it will need an address like any other loco on your system. There is an icon available in the

layout designer which you can place on your layout diagram. As with points and signals, you can right-click on the icon to configure it. There are entries in the railmaster.ini configuration file which need to be considered. The PDF guide gives you information

about these.

I have a turntable in my layout, and in addition to having the icon in my layout diagram, I also have it defined (with the same address) as if it were a loco. There is a reason for this. When you are operating the turntable using RM, you have

to click on the left half of the icon to make it turn anticlockwise, and on the right half to make it turn clockwise. One click makes the motor run long enough to turn the table to the next road. How long the motor runs and how fast are the parameters defined

in the railmaster.ini file. However, over a period of time, the table can get out of sync, so that after a turn, it stops midway between two roads. This is when I use the 'loco' definition for the turntable, because using this the turntable runs for as long

as you want it to. I have the cruise speed in this definition set to the same value as the turntable speed definition in the ini file.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Hi Ray

No problem at all. I think we said the same sort of thing (not surprising though because you helped me a lot with my set-up at the time) but with a lot more detail from you in your latest response.

St1ngr4y said:

Hello John,
No need to convert back to standard. The turntable has a motor in it so it is more like a loco than a point. If it has been converted to dcc then it will need an address like any other loco on your system. There

is an icon available in the layout designer which you can place on your layout diagram. As with points and signals, you can right-click on the icon to configure it. There are entries in the railmaster.ini configuration file which need to be considered. The

PDF guide gives you information about these.
I have a turntable in my layout, and in addition to having the icon in my layout diagram, I also have it defined (with the same address) as if it were a loco. There is a reason for this. When you are operating

the turntable using RM, you have to click on the left half of the icon to make it turn anticlockwise, and on the right half to make it turn clockwise. One click makes the motor run long enough to turn the table to the next road. How long the motor runs and

how fast are the parameters defined in the railmaster.ini file. However, over a period of time, the table can get out of sync, so that after a turn, it stops midway between two roads. This is when I use the 'loco' definition for the turntable, because using

this the turntable runs for as long as you want it to. I have the cruise speed in this definition set to the same value as the turntable speed definition in the ini file.
Hope this helps.
Ray

Hi John,

If you have put the turntable onto your layout diagram using the correct icon, and configured that with the address it has been given, then when you are in the program editor, in the column headed 'Resource' you will find a category designated

'Other'. Click on that then in the column headed 'resource name' you should find the turntable. In the instruction column, you will find all of the available actions you can perform i.e. Clockwise 1, Clockwise 2 etc.

Ray

m0eoujohn said:

thanks to all that have replied yes it works with the elite but how do we program the turn table as it is not a point but a loco decoder so how is it numbered to make railmaster identyfi it and work from the rm screen

Again,

if it is on your layout diagram, then you can click the left half of the icon to make it go anti-clockwise, or right half for clockwise. You can click as many times as roads you want it to rotate. Each time you click, the number of roads is displayed by the

icon on the diagram. This number disappears after the rotation has completed.
Ray

St1ngr4y said:

Hi John,
If you have put the turntable onto your layout diagram using the correct icon, and configured that with the address it has been given, then when you are in the program editor, in the column headed 'Resource' you

will find a category designated 'Other'. Click on that then in the column headed 'resource name' you should find the turntable. In the instruction column, you will find all of the available actions you can perform i.e. Clockwise 1, Clockwise 2 etc.
Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Archived